This property had been butchered by the previous owners, with all of the original details either removed or destroyed.
The original first-floor sash windows were removed and a retro-fitted wide “cyclops” style window was installed. Tiled bay roof along with a pebbledash finish left the property looking unloved to say the very least.
In order to restore the property back to its former glory, we performed the following works:
- Pebbledash removal – propped and completely demolished the brickwork to the first-floor area.
- Rebuilt the sash windows openings as per original, then repaired and reinstated the original stone windows heads.
- Performed multiple brick and helibar repairs.
- Performed a full rake out and repoint in lime mortar.
- Installation of new first-floor window cills as per original.
- Installation of a new plinth with period cast iron vents to stone restoration grade finish.
- Installation of new sash windows and a beautiful slate roof with lead flashings and roll detail (roof and lead work by Scott from SDL Roofing).
Our clients were absolutely over the moon with the finish we achieved for them.